I always like to represent. Apart from having an astigmatism and very dry eyes which means contact lenses are a last resort for me (special occasions only), I really like wearing glasses. I also like to show women in glasses in a positive light – if you wear them everyday, why not show them off?
|Kristen Stewart looking immense in a Chanel glasses campaign|
|Wearing my trademark frames for Red Magazine, February 2014|
|‘Markova’ glasses: £98 including prescription lenses, Bailey Nelson|
If you’re US based, or know someone who could help with shipping/customs costs then Warby Parker is the perfect example of chic, affordable eyewear. Glasses starting at $95, they also offer a pair to someone in need for every pair purchased.
Luckily, the UK has caught up and has some great, affordable frames.
1. ‘Shoreditch’ glasses, including prescription and a free second pair, £95, Glasses Direct
2. ‘Redlaw’ glasses, including prescription lenses, £40, ToyShades
3. ‘Hudson’ acetate glasses, including prescription lenses, £89, Ace and Tate
4.‘Markova’ acetate glasses, including prescription lenses, £98, Bailey Nelson
And here comes the good bit: Bailey Nelson are giving away one pair of prescription glasses exclusively to a Frugality reader. All you have to do is:
1) Follow @baileynelson_uk on instagram
2) Upload a photo of your favourite glasses wearing icon on Instagram – male or female – tagging @baileynelson_uk and hashtag #TheFrugalityxBaileyNelson.
If you do not have instagram, please email me your picture firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the glasses, you will need to had a recent eye test (within the last 2 years) and have access to your prescription.
I will pick a winner at random by 31st October 2015.