I probably play it a bit safe, but there’s no point wasting money at this time of year. Here’s a little list:
1. It works and looks cool : sage and zinc hydrating cream with SPF 15, £27, Aesop.
2. What’s he going to wear whilst you’re in your M&S cashmere onesie? Tracskuit, £19.90, Uniqlo.
3. If he hasn’t got into ‘Breaking Bad’, here’s your chance. Yet to meet a guy who didn’t love it. This is totally interchangeable with any other boxset if he has seen it. £49.97, Amazon.
4. I get cashmere socks for my dad almost every year and they are always appreciated. These are £40, by Pantherella at Mr Porter.
5. Travelcard wallet, oystercard holder, always practical. Aspinal do initial embossing for £15 which looks extra special. £45, Aspinal of London.
If in doubt…I often fill up a giftbag full of wine, and foodie products from Harvey Nichols or Selfridges foodhall – extra special goose fat, pate and bloody mary mix has gone down well in the past.
|Fiery peanut selection, £10, BHS|
Thanks for the heads up on the Breaking Bad box set. I (and the hubs) must be the only people who haven't seen it on this planet. This may just be the extra present I was struggling over! I hear it's awesome.
Men are so tricky…. I think it's a new coat this year for my dad!