2. My favourite building is the Berliner Dom, and the views from
the dome are great (even if not partuclar pretty):
|Berlin relics and graffiti|
5. Berlin Wall Eastside Gallery – this is the longest stretch of
the Berlin Wall and Artists have been commissioned to design
a section of the wall, it’s fascinating just to walk along and
appreciate the art as well as think about what it was like to
live behind these walls (it’s about a mile long).
7. Oranienburgerstrasse – in the trendy ‘Mitte’ district, this is
great in the evening, and where most of the bars and clubs are
as well as lots of old derelict buildings now used for galleries
and exhibitions. We stumbled upon many galleries simply by
Where To Eat:
- Dada Falafel -there is a huge Turkish community in Berlin and it shows in their food. This is a hole in the wall place with possibly the best falafels I’ve tasted…
- Pan Asia – I had sushi here in the summer, we ate outside and it was delicious.
- Weinerei – amazingly brilliant winebar where you pay €2 for a glass and the pay what you want at the end…dependent on whether you had a nice night!
- Tiergarten Quelle – this was our FAVOURITE place in Berlin – it’s underneath a railway arch and very dingy but VERY German – selling beer by the litre and the LARGEST plate of meat you’ve ever seen for €9 – all served with traditional mash and hearty vegetables. Great atmosphere, a bit like an old beerhall. And great value.
Want to live like a local whilst out there? We know about Air BnB but have you tried One Fine Stay? Our Travel Editor at Red Magazine swears byt it and claims it’s the next notch up to Air BnB, offering a chicer, more concierge-like service. Worth a visit…