I try and spread the cost of christmas, in fact I have finished my present buying already. The very idea of queuing up in Liberty on 23rd December makes me feel anxious.
I don’t believe in buying cheap xmas presents, I prefer ‘frugal’ at this time of year means saving or spreading the cost to buy better ones.
I start to make a rough list in September/October and then just buy them on payday. Which means my November/December pay packet is mine for drinks with friends and celebrating (well, that’s the plan).
Here’s a few ideas of what I will be buying for family and friends this Christmas…I’ve moved them into 3 basic categories (Host gifts, the woman who has everything and the men), and will drip feed them over the next 3 days so you’re not totally overwhelmed.
FOR…the woman who has everything (this is basically ALL the women I buy for)
1. This Margaret Dabbs intensive foot oil is amazing, and despite appearances, is quite a glam gift. If your friend knows her beauty stuff, she’ll be chuffed with this. This would make a good gift for my pregnant sister, who is excited to look after her feet once she sees them again! £22, at Net A Porter.
2. This bag from M&S looks more like my current favourite, Sophie Hulme! I love the metal plate on the front, this would make a great present for my chic mum. £29.50, Marks & Spencer.
3. Everyone needs cards to write after the christmas break. I love these foil fox on a bicycle ones, £4 a pack from Paperchase.
4. For the difficult friends (or mother-in-laws), you can’t go wrong with Chanel. £21.60 at Debenhams.
5. This is what I’d like for christmas please, Santa. The orange lizard print will stand out in my bag perfectly. £25, Aspinal of London.
6. Chic, monochrome and full of fashion gems, ‘The World According To Karl’ is a must-have for fashion lovers. £18.95, The Shop at Bluebird.
7. Liberty is one of the only UK stockists of C.O Bigelow and I love the medicated feel of their products. £14, Liberty of London.
8. Rifle Paper Co is always a default buy for me for work colleagues and secret santa presents. Always guaranteed to be gorgeous and affordable. Notepad, £6.50, Quill London.
LOVE that M&S clutch bag. I thought it was Sophie Hulme at first glance. The link doesn't go to the right bag though and can't see it online, aaaagh. I must have it!
I'm so sorry!!! Think it might have sold out and the link has changed….I'm going to call them now!
Okay I have the product code! The bag is sold out online but it is still available instore and if you quote product code: T836574L then you can get it sent to your local store for pick-up!
I've tried all my local stores, but no joy 🙁
Amy Meier says
Christmas is coming, the latest bag here, good price quality, introduced to everyone
Style At Every Age says
Love that bag!
School Run Mum says
Yep, I think you have picked the most gorgeous bag, and some other fabulous gifts I would love to receive any of them, your lucky friends and family, they are in for some tasteful, thoughtful fabulous gifts!