|Cashmere boucle jumper: £250, Hush. Denim shorts: £30, River Island. Nail polish: £15, Alexa Leather by Nails Inc|
It’s that time of year, when I climb up into the loft and pull out all my old suitcases full of sweaters, cosy knits and coats. More often than not, I think ‘oh that doesn’t look too good anymore’…but with cashmere, I never get bored. A good cashmere jumper is for me, a great investment – but there are also bargains to be had. I decided to do a round-up to try on the best on the High Street – so I called all these in to my house purely for research (and I sent them all back in case you’re thinking I conveniently now own 17 different varieties of cashmere). All are 100% cashmere.
Oh it was a tough day in the office.
1. Orange and navy stripe, £325, Chinti & Parker (can be handwashed)
2. Navy cashmere crew-neck, £99.95, Gap
3. Crew-neck bus logo jumper, £159, Boden (machine washable)
4. V-neck blue jumper, £160, Iris & Ink at THEOUTNET.COM (can be handwashed)
5. Stripe crew-neck, £79, Marks & Spencer (machine washable)
6. Cashmere jumper, £319, Madeleine Thompson
7. Grey poloneck, Cos
8. Green crew-neck, £160, Whistles (can be handwash)
9. Grey cashmere logo jumper, £370, Bella Freud
When editing, I realised I was picking the most classic, boring, and mostly grey jumpers. I think this is because buying cashmere IS a big deal, so you’re often best to stick to great quality basics. Here is my round-up of the best (I wore with my denim shorts so you can compare the length and fit of them).
VALUE FOR MONEY: Uniqlo
|Cashmere crew-neck: £69.90, Uniqlo|
|Boucle cashmere crew-neck: £250, Hush|
|Men’s crew-neck cashmere, £89, Marks & Spencer|
|Crew-neck jumper with pockets, £160, Whistles|
|Red edged crew-neck, £295, Madeleine Thompson (A/W collection coming to Net A Porter soon)|
|Cashmere jumper, £95, Asos White|
|Crew-neck, £99.95, Gap|
|Crew-neck logo cashmere, £370, Bella Freud|