|Clockwise from Bottom Left: Spotty notebook: Fortnum & Mason (old). Birthday card: £4.95, Marlby & Elm. ‘Thank you’ card set, £20, Kate Spade at Amara. Neon biros: £15.95 each, Caran D’ache. Alphabet stickers, £4.50, Meri Meri at John Lewis. Gold pen: £12, Kikki K. ‘Ciao’ notelets, £10 for set of 6, Marks & Spencer. Copper tray: £16, Kikki K. ‘The Life Plan’ book, £24, Kikki K. Post-it notes: old.|
It’s no coincidence that my birthday falls on National Stationery Week…
I’m a paper and pen girl, always have been. A quick note in with a gift to say ‘hi’, ‘thinking of you’ or a thank you card – I just love the feeling of pen to paper. Even my ‘To Do’ list and ideas are jotted down in a real life book, the ‘Notes’ app redundant on my phone.
I always use the same pens, Caran D’ache neon biros – they’re so easy to write with and can always find them in my bag (they’re pricey but have had mine for years – and have been known to ask for my birthday!), and more recently I am using the Kikki K gold rollerball. I love personalised notecards too, Honeytree is a really great bespoke service and I now use Moo for all my business cards and Frugality headed notecards – the quality is excellent.
|Spotty notebook: Fortnum & Mason (old). Passport holder: Aerin. ‘The Frugality’ notecards: Moo. Glasses: £98, Bailey Nelson. ‘Better Than before’ by Gretchen Rubin, £15, Kikki K. ‘Thank you’ card set, £20, Kate Spade at Amara.|
I think with the world becoming so digital, and in particular a job such as mine, I need something that is solid (and I don’t want to forget how to do joined up handwriting!). So I’ve dedicated this post to all those out there like me, who love sending and receiving notelets, postcards, who enjoy sitting and writing down thoughts or memories, or those who take pleasure from wrapping presents with washi tape, coloured ribbon and labels (I am a sucker for stickers, too). Happy #NationalStationeryWeek!
1. ‘Save The Date’ cards in fluoro: £14.95 for 6, Marlby and Elm
2. Sausage dog washi tape: £4.50, Ohh Deer
3. Pug notelets: £10 for a set of 10, Fortnum & Mason
4. Liberty print alphabet stickers: £7.50, Meri Meri at Asos
5. ‘Welcome Little One’: £3.75, Rifle Paper Co at Papermash
6. ‘Nib and Ink’ calligraphy book: £9.09, Amazon
7. Telegram notepad: £9.50, Kate Spade at Quill London
8. Copper rollerball pen: £12, Kikki K
9. Marble and copper ‘E’ notecard: £3.95, Studio Sarah
10. ‘Love’ card: £2.10, Big Jon