This probably stems from the countless shoots abroad I’ve been on when we take 5 suitcases full of clothes and gowns – but are only allowed to take one carry-on ourselves, which needs to hold all our clothes and cosmetics for a week.
I do, in fact, have a bit of a plan….
3. Be ORGANISED. I know it’s not cool, but I often work out in my head or on a notebook what I’m going to wear each night so I don’t take anything I don’t need.
5. Always take a waterproof. Even if it says blue skies – it has rained on me in Barbados before, so I don’t take chances. And neon always goes down well with me…
6. Choose a cool, yet comfy plane outfit. I always choose cashmere and sandals you can kick off mid flight (I always pack comfy socks in my hand luggage). Wear your bulky items like a denim jacket to the airport.
7. TAKE MINIATURES. I actually have a box under my bed full of miniatures I collect on my travels so I am never without at home. Don’t forget toothpaste – Hotels often provide shampoo etc but rarely toothpaste.
8. Hand luggage essentials: wallet for passports (I couldn’t survive at the airport without this), noise cancelling headphones, iPad mini (in Gap leather wallet), hand cream and travel guide to swat up on the plane.