|Jumper, Riyka London. Faux leather skirt, £38, Next. Boots: Tabitha Simmons|
This year is the first time I have invested in a pair of boots, rather than a pair of frivolous, fancy shoes. And if we consider cost per wear, it’s a much more worthwhile investment. Wear with rolled up jeans or a great midi skirt (this one from Next has solved all my winter wardrobe dilemmas).
|‘Soho’ ankle boots, £129, Boden|
Whether they be a classic pair of black boots, a glitter pair a la Saint Laurent or the go-with-anything leopard boots, they’re a classic building block for your wardrobe. If you’re going for an everyday style, look for block and kitten heels on the High Street (it won’t be hard as they’re everywhere this season).
THE FRUGAL EDIT
1. ‘Ezra’ boots, £295, Kurt Geiger
2. ‘Cubana’ boots, £269, Penelope Chilvers
3. ‘Riley’ boots, £185, Whistles
4. ‘Cuthbert’ boots, £235, Russell & Bromley
5. ‘Mercy’ boots, £90, Office
6. 60s block heel boots, £75, Next