I don’t know about you, but my skin needs a little TLC this month…working weekends, evenings with lots of travel in-between, I’ve turned to my favourite skin SOS products and thought I’d share with you too.
1. Elemis SOS Emergency Cream – this is quite a rich cream so use sparingly. I use once a week when I feel I need it, I immediately feel rehydrated. It’s good for use on hormonal skin, too.
2. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream – I love putting this on at night before I go to sleep (it’s also great whilst on a flight), I wake up feeling brighter and more awake.
3. Vichy Idealia Life Serum – a rich cream meant for people with busy lives, lacking sleep and facing lots of pollution – that would be me! You can use as an everyday moisturiser, too.
4. Eve Lom Tinted Moisturiser – when I’m trying to let my skin ‘breathe’, the last thing I want to do is clog up my pores with foundation. This tinted moisturiser gives great coverage whilst still feeling light on the skin.
5. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I’ve been using this twice a week for an intensive pick me up ‘shot’ for my skin and it really is working, I’ve had hardly any breakouts since using it.
These are products I always have in my bathroom…I used to suffer from acne in my twenties (mostly brought about from stress), so once I found a formula that worked, I stuck to it. My advice is: great if you find something cheap that works, but if it doesn’t, don’t scrimp on your skin!
1. Eve Lom Cleanser – I LOVE this cleanser, it smells incredible and my skin feels so clean after using the muslin cloth. An iconic beauty product.
2. Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser – I use this daily, it is all natural and doesn’t have a fragrance. Using Liz Earle’s products really made me rethink about the way I cleansed and what I used on my skin. I was recommended by the Beauty Director when I worked on Eve magazine, 8 years ago, and have been using it ever since.
3. Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream – this brand’s products feel similar to Liz Earle’s, all natural and feel nourishing on my skin. I now mix it up and use this in my evening routine. I haven’t actually found a product of theirs I dislike.
…and for when I really am feeling tired, I use a bit of self tan to pep my skin up. This Vichy version is one of the few I can use on my face (as well as body) which doesn’t bring me out in spots. I’ll use once a week now winter is upon us, to keep up a healthy glow. It’s a really subtle colour and yet to leave me with streaks…
I couldn't agree more that skincare is not an area to scrimp on – you 'wear' your skin everyday so it's worth spending a bit of money on effective products. I have struggled with various skin problems over the years but am now really enjoying investing in products that work for me – mid-range, gentle products from brands such as Trilogy, Ren and Dermalogica. I'm realising the importance of not stripping skin with cheap, harsh products that exacerbate problems! A good diet (I gave up sugar about a year ago) has also done wonders for my skin. Thanks for the recommendations – some new brands for me to try out!
pak gendoet says
CP : +62-85-635-945-40