…is a bottle of gin and some cashmere jogging bottoms.
Family and friends always say how hard I am to buy for…but I’m actually quite a simple person. A candle, handwash or a dressing gown: my dream presents to unwrap. So when M&S asked me to do a little Christmas gift guide, it wasn’t really a stretch. All I have to do now is make sure my family don’t see this list!
Here’s what I picked out:
1. FOR THE CUTE NEPHEW: dressing gown, £10, I love the star print and it’s the softest fabric – I can’t wait to see him in it.
2. FOR THE ‘OTHER HALF’: grapefruit gin, £14 a bottle, not only does my husband always appreciate a decent bottle of gin, but this would also make a great gift for hosts.
3. FOR THE CHIC SISTER: nightdress, £22.40, we’re a family of pyjama lovers and this would never go unappreciated.
4. FOR PARENTS: handwash set, £25, my parents are those ‘have everything’ people, so I always buy them useful presents like food, cashmere or bathroom products (that will always get used).
5. FOR ME (FROM ME): earrings, £9.50, these moon and star earrings remind me of Valentino, and the perfect festive addition to my outfit.
6. FOR ME (again): cashmere joggers, £99, nothing pleases me more than a comfy pair of trousers. And in cashmere? Just dreamy.
7. FOR WRAPPING: spruce paper, £3.50, did I mention I love wrapping? It’s possibly my favourite bit about Christmas!
8. FOR A FRIEND: hand towel, £10, I love taking useful home items to friends who host us for dinner, I think it makes a nice change to alcohol.
9. FOR WORK COLLEAGUES: ‘Noel’ candle set, £12, easy to wrap, they smell amazing and look great as a token gift, especially for someone you don’t know too well.
10. FOR THE FASHION FRIEND: velvet heels, £29.50, too good not to pick up for myself whilst there, no?
11. FOR THE CHRISTMAS DAY HOST: set of mini glitter crowns (picked up instore), I love these as a cute alternative to cracker crowns.
12. FOR THE PARTY HOST: polar bear bauble, £5, I love to take Christmas decorations as gifts for hosts, something a little bit different.
13. FOR ANYONE: Cava, £11 a bottle, always the perfect back-up gift – friends, extended family, hosts and colleagues.
|Candle set: £12, Marks & Spencer. Glitter mini crowns: instore at Marks & Spencer. Tree decoration: £5, Marks & Spencer|
|Wrapping paper: £3.50, Marks & Spencer. Labels: Kikki K|
|Cashmere tracksuit bottoms: £99, Marks & Spencer. Tree decoration: £5, Marks & Spencer. Grapefruit gin: £14 a bottle, Marks & Spencer|
|Velvet heels: £29.50, Marks & Spencer. Earrings: £9.50, Marks & Spencer|
This is the first of my Christmas gift guides – this one in collaboration with Marks & Spencer – there will be more Christmas gift guide ideas to come!
Latoya Femme Frugality says
Those cashmere joggers look like they feel awesome. I could totally use a pair or two.
Ewa Macherowska says
Love it! 🙂
Hannah @ themumandthemom says
I have been laying down some pretty heavyweight hints about those cashmere joggers for some time to my husband but this post may give me one last opportunity to casually mention them again! Many thanks! (And fingers crossed)
Those heels are dreamy! I might just have to see if they are in my size.
Just seen the NOEL candle set in Marks and Spencer today. They’re half price now. I had to buy it! Just as you’ve suggested, I would give it to a work colleague.